COVID-19 task force head of expert staff Wiku Adisasmito has said that Tangerang city, Depok city, Bekasi city and Bekasi regency have the highest risk of COVID-19 transmission in Greater Jakarta based on a recent increase in cases.”We’ve made a map of the risk of COVID-19 transmission based on public health criteria by the WHO,” Wiku said in an online press conference on Tuesday.“In Greater Jakarta, we can see that there are areas that have moderate risk and high risk. The areas that have high risk are Tangerang city, Depok city, Bekasi city and Bekasi regency,” he added. Wiku said that according to the map, Jakarta was at moderate risk because the province had shown a 17.6 percent decline in weekly new cases. Read also: Jokowi visits mall in Bekasi ahead of reopening with ‘new normal’ protocols”However, when people who participated in mudik [exodus] return to Jakarta, the capital could see a second wave,” he added.Wiku said the mapping was based on epidemiology, the health system and public health surveillance. “The epidemiology indicator consisted of transmission rates, fatality rates, the number of patients under surveillance [PDP] and people under monitoring [ODP],” he said.The health system indicator is measured by the hospital facilities, the availability of beds and the quantity of personal protective equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers.Read also: Concerns mount over reopening of offices, malls as Indonesia steps into ‘new normal’Public health surveillance refers to the local health system’s ability to test, monitor and trace the contacts of residents.Wiku said the COVID-19 task force had mapped the risk of COVID-19 transmission in all affected regions of the country on a mobile application called Bersatu Lawan Covid (BLC), which is accessible to the public.”The WHO advises every country to map the transmission risk based on public health criteria to determine whether a region is ready to resume normal social and economic activity. […] It can also be used as a guideline for each region to determine whether they need to implement or loosen large-scale social restrictions [PSBB],” he said. (nal)Topics :
Talks with pension funds in the Netherlands about their financial predicament can be regarded as separate from the further development of the new pension accord in the steering committee, according to the country’s social affairs minister Wouter Koolmees.In a letter to the Dutch parliament this week, the minister said the steering committee – which comprises members of the cabinet, employer organisations, trade unions and advising organisations such as the Dutch central bank – wanted to finalise the details of the pension deal by the end of April next year. The cabinet would then publish a white paper that year, to be able to submit a legislative proposal for a review of the Dutch pension system in early 2021.This timetable means it is unlikely that the law will be passed before the upcoming parliamentary elections, which are scheduled for 17 May 2021.The benefit cuts issue is of more immediate concern to the pension funds, however. In his letter the minister wrote that he wanted to discuss the alarming financial situation separately with the sector, as distinct from what is being discussed in the steering committee. Consultations on these matters are already taking place with pension funds, a spokesperson for Koolmees said. He could not comment on the content of these talks and on possible measures that may mitigate the threat of cuts.Earlier this week it became apparent that the social affairs department was sticking to 104.3% as pension funds’ minimum required funding level, with funds therefore still underfunded if they achieve a 100% coverage ratio. Dutch pension funds continue to run the risk of having to cut pensions for several consecutive years. Pension fund affiliation for the self-employedResearch has also started on voluntary pension fund affiiliation for the self-employed. Koolmees said he wanted to include the results of the research in the pension reform green paper. The same applied to the results of a study by the Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis (CPB) on the effects of the new system.One of the questions being researched is how the intended contract and the improved premium scheme would have performed in the past 40 years with a standard investment mix. The pensions minister is still consulting with the CPB on research into the effect of a long-term low interest rate on a pension system with capital funding.
New Delhi: Hockey India on Friday named the 18-member Indian women’s team for their upcoming Tour of England which is scheduled to take place from September 27 to October 4 in Marlow, England. Rani Rampal will lead the side while Savita will play as her deputy during the five matches against Great Britain.Rani will lead the Hockey team, as her Squad names the list of the Indian Squad Goalkeepers: Savita as (Vice-Captain), Rajani Etimarpu. Defenders: Deep Grace Ekka, Gurjit Kaur, Reena Khokhar, Salima Tete. Midfielders: Sushila Chanu Pukhrambam, Nikki Pradhan, Monika, Neha Goyal, Lilima Minz, Namita Toppo. Forwards: Rani (Captain), Vandana Katariya, Navneet Kaur, Lalremsiami, Navjot Kaur, Sharmila Devi.“The balance and mixture of players in our team remains the same from previous tournaments as go into an important phase in our objective of qualifying for the Tokyo Olympics 2020,” expressed chief coach Sjoerd Marijne about the team. IANS Also Read: Ace Indian Boxer Mary Kom and World Champion P.V. Sindhu are in the first All-Women ListAlso Watch:NDFB’s 31st Swahid Divas was observed in Kokrajhar | The Sentinel News | Assam News
For all the Latest Sports News News, Tennis News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Melbourne: Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic are both gunning for a record seventh Australian Open crown from Monday, but Andy Murray will make his last appearance in Melbourne as the era of the “Big Four” draws to a close. Number one Djokovic and third seed Federer face a stern challenge from the likes of youthful force Alexander Zverev, seeded four, who is still looking for a first major to cement his place as torch-bearer for the next generation. But Murray dropped a pre-Grand Slam bombshell, breaking down during a tear-filled press conference as he revealed chronic hip pain means he will retire after Wimbledon — if he can carry on that long. And question marks remain over the fitness of world number two Rafael Nadal who pulled out of his Brisbane warm-up but arrived in Melbourne professing he was “fully fit” and promising to unleash a remodelled serve. It all means the era of the “Big Four” is almost over after a season in which Federer — who opens his title defence against Denis Istomin on Monday — rolled back the years on Rod Laver Arena to lift an emotional 20th Grand Slam. Read More | Murray – challenging the might of Novak Djokovic, Federer and NadalIt put him on a par with other six-time Australian Open winners Djokovic and Roy Emerson — although the Australian great’s victories all came before the Open era. By contrast, the 31-year-old Djokovic endured a miserable early Melbourne exit in 2018, followed by elbow surgery and a string of disappointing results that saw him drop outside the top 20.Read More | Federer, Djokovic aim for seven-star performance in AustraliaBut since winning a fourth Wimbledon in July, the Serb rose inexorably back to number one by losing only three further matches — one of which was to Zverev at the ATP Finals. Djokovic won his third US Open in September to put him on 14 Grand Slams — three behind Nadal and six behind Federer.And Djokovic said Sunday he was delighted to be back in Melbourne where his rise to greatness all began in 2008 with his first Grand Slam win. “It was my first major trophy that obviously served as a great springboard for my career” Djokovic said as he prepared to open his assault on a seventh crown against American Mitchell Krueger on Tuesday. “It opened a lot of doors for me. It allowed me to believe in myself that I can actually win the biggest tournaments in the world, challenge the best players in the world.” – Nadal ‘feels good’ Federer, now 37, remains the chief threat to the Serb and he sounded a warning Sunday. “I’m playing good tennis. I’m confident that I think it needs a good performance by my opponent probably to beat me,” said the Swiss master, who warmed for Melbourne with victory in Perth’s Hopman Cup. Second-ranked Nadal, 32, pulled out of Brisbane with a thigh strain although he returned for an exhibition in Sydney and insisted at the weekend his fitness woes were behind him. “I feel good. If I am not feeling good, I will not be here,” he said before revealing he had remodelled his serve.There are always things to improve,” said the Spaniard, who faces Australian wildcard James Duckworth on Monday. Djokovic picked young guns Zverev of Germany, Borna Coric of Croatia, Karen Khachanov of Russia and Greece’s Stefano Tsitsipas as key threats to the top three. “It’s just a matter of time when we will see some of them competing in the last stages of Grand Slams,” said Djokovic. Zverev, 21, starts the Australian Open full of confidence after an impressive warm-up to reach the final of Perth’s mixed teams Hopman Cup, despite his terrible record at Grand Slams. He has never got beyond the third round in Melbourne and faces Slovenia’s Aljaz Bedene in his opener on Tuesday.Last year, seeded four, he crashed out in the last 32 to South Korea’s Chung Hyeon and has only reached one quarter-final in 14 major appearances. Home fans will look to new Sydney champion and 27th seed Alex de Minaur, who faces Portugal’s Pedro Sousa on Monday, and the temperamental Nick Kyrgios.Kyrgios has a tough opening match against former world number three Milos Raonic and then a possible clash with former Australian Open champion Stan Wawrinka in round two.
PSC chairman Butch Ramirez. CONTRIBUTED PHOTOMANILA, Philippines–As much as possible, Philippine Sports Commission Chairman Butch Ramirez wants to insulate Filipino athletes from the harm that the wranglings among sports officials can generate.The new leadership of the Philippine Olympic Committee and the Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee (Phisgoc) are earnestly working out to find a common ground and resolve the issues surrounding the country’s forthcoming hosting of the 30th Southeast Asian Games.ADVERTISEMENT “The President (Duterte) is aware of the issues, but directed us to keep our focus on the athletes and let the others sort out their issues within their ranks,’’ said Ramirez during Thursday’s press conference at the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex.READ: Butch Ramirez accepts SEA Games chef de mission postFEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“We must isolate our athletes from all these issues so they can focus on their mission,’’ said Ramirez, also the Philippine chef de mission tasked to lead Team Philippines to the overall title of the 11-nation Games.POC president Joey Romasanta, who took over the helm after Ricky Vargas resigned Tuesday, would have to sit down with Phisgoc chairman Alan Peter Cayetano and reach an agreement on the functions and roles that both the local Olympic body and the Phisgoc have to play. Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Ateneo closes in on PBA D-League crown, gets back at CEU LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Vargas registered Phisgoc as a foundation with the Securities and Exchange Commission and gave the organization the full authority to organize and manage the Games without the approval of the POC board.READ: Ricky Vargas resigns as Philippine Olympic Committee presidentRomasanta said the Phisgoc should function as a committee and get the POC on board in so far as the progress of the country’s hosting preparations is concerned.“The POC problem is a painful experience and they have to solve it quick. In due time, it will be resolved. The Phisgoc will settle its gaps with the POC,’’ said Ramirez.The PSC chief also dismissed talks that the SEA Games would be postponed for next year brought about by the POC leadership change.ADVERTISEMENT ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP View comments Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess “The SEA Games will push through as planned. To our friends and leaders of the sporting community, I reiterate my call to unity,’’ said Ramirez.“I know most of you personally, and I trust that our shared love for the sporting community and pure desire to push our athletes to achieve more will guide us to carefully weigh our next decisions and take steps toward the betterment of Philippine sports,’’ added Ramirez in his appeal.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH03:04Filipino athletes share their expectations for 2019 SEA Games00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:36Manny Pacquiao part of 2019 SEA Games opening ceremony MOST READ