As far as the DILG is concerned, Malaya said that the issue on the use of tricycles in Pasig City was already solved. “There had been miscommunication and exchange of views between the DILG and Sotto before, but the mayor has already complied with the orders,” Malaya said. “The mayor of Pasig was already cooperative. No issue in so far as the DILG is concerned now.”/PN “Iyong letter of invitation, for Mayor Vico saka sa barangay chairman of Talon Uno. We are investigating for possible violation ‘nung memorandum ng Executive Secretary,” Lavin said in an interview with DZBB. The NBI drew flak from Pasiguenos and netizens for urging Sotto to explain his possible violation even if the Pasig mayor has stopped the use of tricycles on March 19. Lavin added that the memorandum signed by Medialdea came out on March 16 while Sotto committed the supposed violation on March 17 and 18, when the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine was already in place. MANILA – The National Bureau of Investigation has summoned Mayor Vico Sotto of Pasig City to explain his supposed violation of the national government’s policy on the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine. NBI deputy director Ferdinand Lavin said Thursday that Sotto violated a memorandum issued by Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea when he allowed the continuous operation of tricycles in his city despite the ban on mass transport due to the enhanced community quarantine. “Maliwanag po sa sulat na pinadala: Continuous tricycle operation. May hawak po iyong investigation division namin na may continuous tricycle operation na ipinatupad sa sinabing lugar,” Sotto said. “This act of summoning the mayor of Pasig is a useless political distraction on at this time when all of us are preparing and all of us cooperate to beat the COVID-19 crisis that we are in,” DILG spokesman Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya told CNN Philippines. Pasig City’s Mayor Vico Sotto is criticizing the National Bureau of Investigation for saying that his camp “politicized and sensationalized” a quarantine-related investigation againt him, saying the agency was the one who allowed the media to cover the issue. ABS-CBN NEWS Meanwhile, the Department of Interior and Local Government has come into the defense of Sotto as they described the NBI’s action as a political distraction during this time of health crisis. Lavin, however, said that Sotto is presently compliant with the mass transport ban which includes tricycles.
Omololu Ogunmade and Deji Elumoye in AbujaPresident Muhammadu Buhari last night congratulated the Super Eagles for what he described as another spectacular outing, which he said confirmed Nigeria’s progress to the next level in the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) Egypt 2019.The president said with a well-deserved victory over the Bafana Bafana of South Africa, he was of the belief, like millions of other sports-loving Nigerians, that Nigeria would accomplish the mission of winning the trophy for the fourth time. Muhammadu Buhari A statement by his spokesman, Mr. Femi Adesina, said the president urged the team and their handlers to remain focused, disciplined and scale the remaining two hurdles to glory.“He affirms that the crop of players in the national football team represent the resilient and indomitable Nigerian spirit, which must be reflected in all other areas of national life.“President Buhari assures the players that Nigerians are praying for them to fly higher and get to the peak of the tournament, knowing that the taste of victory is sweet and what they have achieved so far is pleasing to Nigerians irrespective of ethnic, religious or political inclination,” the statement added.Similarly, Senate President, Dr Ahmad Lawan, hailed the Super Eagles for qualifying into the semi final stage of the AFCON 2019.Lawan, in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mohammed Isa, said the victory of the Eagles has reinforced the confidence of Nigerians in the team to win the trophy.He noted that, “your victory this night has reinforced our confidence in you to win the trophy for Nigeria.“Nigerians have never doubted your commitment and patriotism in making Nigeria proud in the field of soccer, and I urge you not to relent until you achieve total victory”.Lawan charged the players to see their superlative performance since the commencement of the tournament beyond just scoring goals and winning matches, but their contribution in unifying all Nigerians irrespective of the divides.His words : “Football, particularly when it comes to our national team has been our greatest unifier where the nation is put above all other primordial interests”.Lawan urged Nigerians no to relent in their support and prayers for the national team to emerge as winner of the tournament.The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) also congratulated Nigerians over the Super Eagles 2-1 decisive triumph.National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbodiyan said in a statement last night that the “victory was a definite pointer that, with the collective commitment and patriotism of our citizens, our dear nation will surely surmount her challenges and come out of its present predicaments.”The PDP said that the unity and solidarity exhibited by Nigerians, from all divides, in supporting our national team, show that our compatriots truly love their nation and are willing to work together despite the machinations of disruptive forces seeking to divide them.The party urges Nigerians not to relent in their prayers for the team as they continue in their established determination to lift the trophy and bring glory to our nation at the end of the tournament.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram