Glenn Harsh, Nov. 26

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest We have about 395 acres of corn left to go and 78 acres of beans. That acreage of beans isn’t much but it is four different farms and seven different fields and we’ll be taking the header on and off quite a bit to do that. It is slower running the corn now too. There is more corn down and wet conditions. We can only haul a couple of dumps on the grain cart so the combine is waiting for the grain cart some. You’re limited to where you can put the trucks and it all adds layers of challenges when you get wet conditions like this.We are hoping we don’t get too much rain today and we don’t get snow on the corn. If we are lucky enough, we’ll be able to go Wednesday and maybe Thursday. We are hoping we don’t get snow because it is no fun to clean out the inside of a combine.We are also concerned about if we can get the beans down to a moisture we can handle. We don’t really have the capability of getting them through our dryer, at least until we get the corn done. That will make it more of a challenge. We’ll just have to see what we’re given and go from there.There is still some corn around. I saw some people finished up Friday. Unfortunately I had some more combine problems. They had been haunting us all season. We also had some dryer problems. I think I finally spent enough time tearing things apart to get that fixed too.The cover crops are done. It is too late to plant any more. We are getting ready to inventory those for next summer.We’re typically done before Thanksgiving. With the way the weather forecasts are, it looks like it will be a challenge in the next week or so to get a whole lot done.last_img

Have any Question or Comment?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *