“The Government must assume responsibility for not closing earlier”And it is that, as the mayor of Madrid, José Luis Martínez-Almeida, and the current director of public health in Liverpool, Matthew Ashton, as ex, John Ashton, Rotheram does not hesitate to re-qualify as a tremendous “mistake” allowing the journey of the red and white fans to the town on March 11 (three days later in Spain a state of alarm would be declared). “Dmust be analyzed, and needs the government to assume some responsibility for not closing earlier“the mayor settled on this party, which will continue to kick. 43 days after the game continues the controversy around Liverpool-Atlético second round of the Champions League. The authorities have placed the magnifying glass on it and link it to the increase in cases of coronavirus in the town. Mayor Steve Rotheram, who already criticized him in his day, is now calling for an independent investigation to establish a possible connection to an increase in cases of the disease in Liverpool since then. “If people have contracted coronavirus as a direct result of a sporting event we believe that shouldn’t have taken place, well that’s outrageous“he stated on the BBC. “We have seen an increase in the infection curve, and that resulted in 1,200 people in Liverpool contracting COVID-19“he counted. “That needs to be investigated to find out if some of those infections are directly due to Atlético fans. There were hot coronavirus cities, and Madrid was one of them,” he said. “They were not allowed to congregate in their own country, but 3,000 of those fans came to ours. and they could possibly have spread the coronavirus, “he argued as well.
OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ MOST READ Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to give up royal titles Police seize P68-M worth of ‘shabu’ in Pasay Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles02:11SEA GAMES 2019: PH’s Nesthy Petecio boxing featherweight final (HIGHLIGHTS)08:07Athletes treated to a spectacle as SEA Games 2019 officially ends06:27SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold05:02SEA Games 2019: Philippines clinches historic gold in women’s basketball05:21Drama in karate: Tsukii ‘very sad’ over coach’s bullying, cold shoulder03:24PH’s James Palicte boxing light welterweight final (HIGHLIGHTS) Search on for 5 Indonesians snatched anew in Lahad Datu Hotdog’s Dennis Garcia dies LATEST STORIES Bishop Baylon encourages faithful in Albay to help Taal evacuees FILE/CONTRIBUTED PHOTOKUALA LUMPUR—For team captain Mika Reyes, the important thing is not to get complacent.The Philippines blew past Malaysia in straight sets, which the 6-foot middle blocker said will boost the confidence of the star-studded team.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. “We are confident against Vietnam. Our mindset is positive that we can beat them because we already did (in the Asian Championships),” said Reyes.That win, according to her, would be the big motivation for the team.“But we can’t be over-confident. We can’t be complacent. We need this win against Vietnam so we will work very hard for it.” ADVERTISEMENT “It was a good result. We are thankful that we won,” said Reyes. “But we know that we were a bit slow. We had a slow start.”Reyes was referring to the first set when the Filipinos threw away five points through service errors.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’“Maybe it’s first-game jitters but we need to work hard on it,” she added.Reyes said that the game against Vietnam on Friday would be different. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Heroes rise as athletics fuels Philippine gold drive What’s in store for your animal sign this year National Historical team rescues Amorsolos, artifacts from Taal View comments
Search on for 5 Indonesians snatched anew in Lahad Datu MOST READ Police seize P68-M worth of ‘shabu’ in Pasay LATEST STORIES Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to give up royal titles OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson “We’re a little frustrated at halftime. We were playing a little sloppy and weren’t as efficient as we wanted to be,” said Ginebra head coach Tim Cone, whose squad chalked up its fifth straight victory and tied idle Meralco in first place at 5-1.“And what has been our MO this conference, we broke away in the third quarter. We were able to get some stops and get the lead. That was pretty much our story.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’Justin Brownlee and Joe Devance combined for half of the Kings’ output in the pivotal third period as they nearly matched the production of the entire Fuel Masters.Brownlee was everywhere, finishing with 24 points, 17 rebounds, five assists, four steals and two blocks while Devance scored nine of his 14 points in the third quarter. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to give up royal titles Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netDefending champion Barangay Ginebra steamrolled skidding Phoenix, 105-92, to regain a share of the top spot in the 2017 PBA Governors’ Cup Wednesday night at Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City.The surging Gin Kings turned a close duel into a blowout in the third quarter, where outscored the Fuel Masters, 32-18.ADVERTISEMENT Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ National Historical team rescues Amorsolos, artifacts from Taal Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Bishop Baylon encourages faithful in Albay to help Taal evacuees Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:02Fajardo predicts there will be no sweep in PBA Finals00:51Ecuador: Barge carrying 600 gallons of diesel fuel sinks at port01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite ‘It’s so fake’: Track legend Lydia de Vega dispels death hoax The third quarter was the turning point but one of the major keys that allowed the Kings to dominate was their size with Brownlee, Devance, Japeth Aguilar and Greg Slaughter.Aguilar had 19 points, 13 rebounds and four blocks while Slaughter added 14 points and 11 rebounds as the two also made it hard for Phoenix’s stand-in import Brandon Brown to operate.Flaunting its huge frontline featuring the 7-foot Slaughter, Aguilar and Brownlee, Ginebra controlled the rebounding department, 76-47.Brown, who was coming off a 49-point explosion on an efficient 18-of-27 shooting from the field, was held to just 26 points on an 8-of-23 clip with seven turnovers.Phoenix, which absorbed its first loss to Ginebra this season, dropped its seventh setback in a row.ADVERTISEMENT Hotdog’s Dennis Garcia dies View comments
Included on tour is the famous JägerWorld. In 2010, JägerWorld was the home to Autograph Signings by KoRN, Anvil, Hell Yeah!, Kerry King of Slayer, Hatebreed, and a ton of others. This consumer interactive area allows patrons to try the newest signature guitars from Schecter, enter contests, get autographs, chill out, and get a ton of free Jäger gear! â€¨Of course hosting this area will be the World Famous Sexy Jägerettes!Jägermeister Music Tour: Buckcherry, Papa Roach, My Darkest Days & Bleeker Ridge March 2, 2011 at the EnCana Events Centre. The Jagermeister Music Tour featuring Buckcherry, Papa Roach, My Darkest Days and Bleeker Ridge.The Jagermeister Music Tour will head to the EnCana Events Centre on Wednesday March 2, 2011. Tickets go on sale Friday Dec. 8, 2010 at 10 a.m. Tickets will cost $48 and $38 and available by at Tiger Box Office Plus, Dawson Co-op High Performance Ticket Outlet, 1-877-339-TIXX (8499), or www.dawsonco-optickets.com.- Advertisement -Or you can become of fan of Energeticcity.ca on Facebook for your chance to buy tickets starting on Wednesday. Become a fan of our page, by clicking here, then on Wednesday we’ll give you a special password to purchase tickets before anyone else.Jägermeister Canada are kicking off their 2011 Touring Schedule with a bang, alongside Buckcherry, Papa Roach, My Darkest Days, and Bleeker Ridge.Buckcherry front man Josh Todd says, “Every night we’re on stage we LOVE to host a party. We can’t think of a better partner to do it with than Jägermeister.”Guitarist Keith Nelson adds, “This is the first time we’re really going to be able to celebrate the theme of our album, All Night Long on the road. It’s going to be loud and sweaty, just the way we like it.”Advertisement
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! William Roderick, 60, of Reedsport, has been charged with assault, being a felon in possession of a firearm, and possession of methamphetamine and marijuana. He was being held in the county jail. Roderick told deputies he thought Cheesman was a nutria swimming in the Smith River near Reedsport, about 90 miles southwest of Eugene, and shot him with a .22-caliber rifle, police said. EUGENE, Ore. – A snorkeler who was shot in the head after he was apparently mistaken for a swimming rodent was in good condition after surgery, a hospital said Saturday. John William Cheesman, 44, of Springfield, underwent eight hours of surgery Thursday to remove shrapnel and bone fragments from his face, said his wife, Shelley Cheesman. “He’s doing really well,” Shelley Cheesman said. “The bullet hit in front of his right ear, where the bone is the most dense. It just fragmented and didn’t go into his brain.” He was listed in good condition at Oregon Health & Science University Hospital in Portland.
HOLLYWOOD – A scream for help on Saturday morning turned into a dramatic rescue that sent five cops to the hospital, a woman to the hospital and a man to jail. Around 10:35 a.m., patrol officers from the Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollywood station received a call of a woman screaming in distress at 839 Fuller Ave. They arrived at the two-story, 10-unit apartment building and found a ground-floor apartment ablaze, with a shaken woman outside. Officers Eric Perez and Officer Ricardo Oliva were first on the scene, followed by Carrie Chang and John Engels. Sgt. Sal Ogaz also rushed to the blaze. Radioing for help, they grabbed their fire extinguishers and waded into the smoke. “When they saw the flames were engulfing it and that an individual was inside, they made the decision to go in,” said Sgt. Todd Trulock. “They don’t have any breathing equipment or anything. They determined the risk was great enough that they had to act.” Inside, they located an unconscious 67-year-old man, believed to be the woman’s husband, and pulled him to safety. They then attacked the flames while they waited for the fire department to arrive. After pulling the man, identified as Moshe Simeon Jacobs, from the burning building, officers revived him with cardiopulmonary resuscitation. He became combative and the cops cuffed him and arrested him on suspicion of attempted murder for setting the apartment on fire. “We commend these police officers for their quick and decisive action, which clearly lessened the injuries and possibly saved the lives of this man and woman,” said Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey. “To go in there without breathing apparatus, you never know what you’re going to find.” Firefighters declared the blaze officially extinguished at 10:54 a.m. They transported Jacobs, the 58-year-old woman and all five officers to local hospitals for treatment for smoke inhalation. The cops took brief stays in the hospital, then returned to their black-and-whites. “They’ve been treated, released and they’re back on patrol,” said LAPD spokeswoman Officer Norma Eisenman. email@example.com (818) 713-3738 For more cops and crime tales, check out It’s a Crime.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Jeremain Lens Sunderland have announced the signing of Holland international Jeremain Lens on a four-year deal from Dynamo Kiev. It is understood the Black Cats have paid a fee in the region of £8m for the 27-year-old, who can play on the wing or as a forward.He is reunited with head coach Dick Advocaat, having previously played under him at PSV Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar.Advocaat said: “We have signed an international player and I am delighted to welcome him to Sunderland.“He is a very well-known player in Europe and has played over 30 games for the Dutch national side, which shows his calibre.“I have worked with him twice already, at PSV and AZ, so I know him well, he is fast and he has scored goals everywhere he has played so that will help the team.”Lens brings experience of both the Champions League and Europa League to the Stadium of Light, and also has a number of honours to his name, having won the Eredivisie with AZ in 2009, the KNVB Cup with PSV in 2012 and the Ukrainian Premier League with Dynamo this past season. 1
1 Here is a selection of Sunday newspaper stories…Man United will have to break the world transfer record – Gareth Bale’s £85.3m to Real Madrid – to sign Paul Pogba. (Sunday Telegraph)Jose Mourinho believes a £30m bid will be sufficient to sign Wolfsburg attacker Julian Draxler. (Star on Sunday)But The Observer claim the Red Devils are close to signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. (Observer)Pep Guardiola is confident John Stones will sign for Manchester City from Everton, but faces competition from Chelsea and Manchester United. (Sun)Tottenham’s Eric Dier has caught the eye of Bayern Munich thanks to his displays at Euro 2016. (Sunday People)Arsene Wenger is attempting to sign Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, with Atletico Madrid and West Ham also in the hunt for his signature. (Sunday Mirror)Stoke will sign West Brom striker Saido Berahino this week for £16m. (Sunday People)Ronald Koeman wants to bring former Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin to Everton from Man United. (Sunday Mirror) Rafael Benitez will make a £10m bid for Bournemouth’s Matt Ritchie, with Andros Townsend poised to leave this summer. (Sun)Leicester City have a budget of £50m just to retain the players who won the title last season. (Star on Sunday) Scroll down for a selection of stories…
THANK you all for your pictures today featuring Donegal in the autumn sun.We have a prize of lunch for two at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Letterkenny.Here’s just some of your pictures. More are welcome between now and midnight when our winner will be announced.Keep sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org.Main picture: Sydney in the sunshine, from Paddy McFadden in Sydney.Below: Lough Swilly at Dawn by Laurence Blake. Second below: Trusk Lough, Ballybofey by Rory HarveyThird below: Gartan Lake at 9.30am by Joan Gallagher.YOUR INCREDIBLE PICTURES: DONEGAL IN THE AUTUMN SUN (AND ONE FROM SYDNEY!) was last modified: November 22nd, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:competitiondonegaldaily.com picture special
The Donegal interest at the European Badminton Championships in Karlskrona, Sweden, ended today in defeat for Sam and Chloe Magee.In the doubles, Russia’s Sergei Lunev and Evgenia Dimova came back from a set down to snatch a 19-21, 21-16, 21-17 victory against the brother and sister team from Raphoe.Earlier today Chloe was beaten in the singles by another Russian, Natalia Perminova, who won in straight sets 25-23, 21-6. The Russian world No. 121 will face the winner of Bulgaria’s Linda Zerichi and Poland’s Kamila Augustyn for a place in the quarterfinal.The defeat was a real upset – with Chloe ranked 42nd in the world and set to represent Ireland at the Olympics in London this summer. BADMINTON: RUSSIAN UPSET FOR MAGEES IN EUROPEANS was last modified: April 18th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BADMINTON RUSSIAN UPSET FOR MAGEES IN EUROPEANS