Call: 0123456789 | Email: info@example.com

Tag: 上海419龙凤


first_img Hewitt, for one, can’t see anybody beating Federer here. “No, I can’t. It’s very hard to back against him,” he said. “Obviously, his scorelines are convincing and when he’s playing with that much confidence, I can’t see anyone beating him.” Federer was 81-4 last season, winning 11 titles. He has lost only 12 games in six sets across two rounds here, saving energy for later in the tournament with a 72-minute, 6-1, 6-4, 6-0 disposal of Germany’s Florian Mayer on Thursday. Federer’s Swiss compatriot, former women’s No. 1 Martina Hingis, continued her impressive comeback from an injury-enforced three years off with a 6-1, 6-1 win over Finland’s Emma Laine. Losses by No. 5 Mary Pierce and No. 21 Ava Ivanovic mean that Hingis has no seeded players in her part of the draw until the quarterfinals, when she could face second-seeded Kim Clijsters. Also advancing on the women’s side Thursday were No. 3 Amelie Mauresmo, No. 7 Patty Schnyder and No. 12 Anastasia Myskina. In today’s fourth-round action, Maria Sharapova routed Jelena Kostanic 6-0, 6-1 to set up a possible showdown with Serena Williams. Sharapova, the 2004 Wimbledon champion, lost to Williams in the semifinals here last year after twice serving for the match and squandering three match points. The pair could meet again, this time in the round of 16. “It’ll be great,” Sharapova said, referring to a possible matchup with Williams. “Of course I was disappointed last year. But … I’ll get my revenge.” Defending champion Williams was playing No. 17 Daniela Hantuchova in the third round today, with the winner advancing to play fourth-seeded Sharapova. On the men’s side today, Andy Roddick fired 17 aces in a 6-1, 6-2, 6-2 win over French qualifier Julien Benneteau, hustling through the third round. The 23-year-old American, seeded second, won 17 of the first 18 points against Benneteau, firing five aces in his first two service games as he raced to a 5-0 lead. “I’m just trying to be aggressive,” Roddick said. Roddick’s next opponent is Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus, who beat Denis Gremelmayr 6-2, 6-1, 6-2. Men’s winners Thursday included No. 5 Nikolay Davydenko, a potential quarterfinal opponent for Federer, No. 6 Guillermo Coria, No. 12 Dominik Hrbaty, No. 15 Juan Carlos Ferrero, No. 21 Nicolas Kiefer and No. 25 Sebastien Grosjean. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! MELBOURNE, Australia – Adios, Lleyton. G’day, Juan. Third-seeded Lleyton Hewitt was upset 6-4, 6-4, 6-7 (8), 6-2 by Argentine Juan Ignacio Chela in the second round of the Australian Open on Thursday, reversing the outcome of their spiteful previous encounter at Melbourne Park. “This will hurt for a few days,” said the Aussie, who shook hands quickly with Chela and walked quickly off the court, eyes downcast. And he wasn’t talking about his ankle strain that needed attention in the third set. center_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESanta Anita opens winter meet Saturday with loaded card “I was giving everything I had out there – I just wasn’t up to it.” A finalist here in 2005, Hewitt has lost to the eventual champion in his past seven majors. But unless unseeded Chela makes a startling run, Hewitt’s shocking loss has opened a potentially easier road for top-ranked Roger Federer. Unlike the third-round tussle in 2005, when Hewitt overcame Chela in four sets, with a boisterous crowd in his corner, the Rod Laver Arena was almost muted for the first two sets. With injuries forcing defending champion Marat Safin, No. 2-ranked Rafael Nadal and four-time winner Andre Agassi out – and Hewitt now eliminated – Federer is the overwhelming favorite. last_img read more


first_imgThis past weekend saw all of our coastal steelhead rivers turn some shade of green – some emerald and some olive. Condition-wise, it was probably the best we’ve had this season. But pristine conditions only last so long. And now as we go another week deeper into a disheartening dry spell, some rivers are getting too low to drift and too clear to be good. The Chetco, Elk, and Sixes would fall into those categories. The Smith and the South Fork Eel are both dropping and clearing as well. Green …last_img read more


first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Tottenham boss Pochettino: Liverpool have title advantage playing at Anfieldby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino fears new stadium delays will wreck their title bid.He feels Anfield gives Liverpool the advantage as his second-place side battle for glory.Liverpool beat Newcastle 4-0 at home on Boxing Day and Poch said: “I saw the highlights, the Anfield crowd are desperate to win and are showing their support to the team.“Anfield was amazing, every game Liverpool are at Anfield is a party and that sometimes makes a difference.”Pochettino and his players are still having to play matches at Wembley as their new £850million stadium — which was supposed to open in September — is not yet finished.Pochettino said: “We cannot ask more from our fans, they are doing a fantastic job. The circumstances of this period in the club, we need to be strong and we cannot complain.“It’s not easy to get to Wembley on public transport, it’s not easy.“Our fans tried to raise the atmosphere but in a 90,000 stadium we’re limited to 51,000. We had 45,000.“That is why when I was asked before, ‘Do you want to move into our new stadium as soon as it is ready?'”I said ‘Of course, as soon as possible,’ because it’s going to be a massive boost for the team. It’s going to be a place where the fans can help the team achieve more. There is no doubt.” last_img read more


first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say DONE DEAL: Tottenham complete signing of Michael Vormby Freddie Taylor11 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham Hotspur have re-signed goalkeeper Michael Vorm on a free transfer.The 35-year-old left Spurs at the expiration of his contract in June.He first joined the North London outfit in 2014 and made 47 appearances in all competitions.Spurs decided to bring back Vorm following a long-term injury to captain Hugo Lloris.I’m back… #COYSpic.twitter.com/YBNzKQaGoJ— Michel Vorm (@Vorm_Official) October 14, 2019 last_img read more


first_imgVienna: Austria’s far-right Freedom Party (FPOe) grappled Tuesday with the fallout from heavy losses in Sunday’s elections as its scandal-hit former leader said he was bowing out of politics. The man at the centre of scandals which have dogged the party over the summer, disgraced former vice-chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache, announced Tuesday “a total withdrawal from politics and public life” — but this may not be enough to stem the instability at the heart of the party. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: ReportStrache, who led the FPOe for 14 years, was forced to quit all his posts in May over the so-called “Ibiza-gate” tapes, which showed him appearing to offer public contracts to a woman he believed was a Russian oligarch’s niece in return for campaign help. That affair put an end to the FPOe’s coalition with the centre-right People’s Party (OeVP) of Sebastian Kurz. In the days leading up to Sunday’s election, another scandal broke, this time involving Strache’s alleged misuse of party money. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protestsAll this led to a stinging rebuke from voters, who sent the FPOe plummeting to 16 percent, down almost 10 points from their 2017 results. Strache said on Tuesday that he considered his membership of the party suspended and wanted to “avoid at all costs… any splits within the FPOe”. His announcement was seen as an attempt to pre-empt an election post-mortem meeting of the FPOe’s national executive on Tuesday. New leader Norbert Hofer said after the meeting that the party was indeed suspending Strache, and added: “If the allegations of the past few days aren’t refuted, he will be expelled.” Last week prosecutors confirmed they were investigating Strache’s expenses and had questioned his former bodyguard and his former office manager “on the suspicion… of submitting fake receipts” costing the party more than 5,000 euros ( 5,500). Strache again on Tuesday vehemently protested his innocence and insisted that he had been the target of a shadowy conspiracy. The party had previously also enthusiastically echoed this idea and some voices inside the party say its main mistake in the campaign was not being aggressive enough. “Instead of closing ranks we let this attack destabilise the party,” controversial artist and FPOe member Odin Wiesinger told AFP. “We made too many useless concessions to our opponents,” he added. But since Sunday’s poll debacle, many others have had the knives out for Strache. “The problem is home-made,” the leader of the FPOe in the Tyrol region, Markus Abwerzger, told Oe1 radio. “It’s not some foreign intelligence agency or the media who have got us into this situation but we ourselves,” he said, calling on the party to stop playing the victim. Some had speculated that Strache would split off from the FPOe to form his own party.last_img read more


first_imgKolkata: A Durga Puja committee in North Kolkata has roped in a combination of Indo-Spanish artists to provide pandal-hoppers a sneak peek into the Spanish culture.The colourful Durga Puja pandal, a replica of Indo-Spanish pavilion depicting chess, has two entrance — one for common people and other for especially-abled people. There is only one exit. “World famous Spanish artist Antonyo Marest has joined hands with Indian artist Malay Das for Durga Puja festival 2019. The theme of our Puja is Chaturanga. 1500 years ago in India, the game of chess was known as Chaturanga. The theme has been suggested by both of them. Both the artists have expressed their art in a unique concept Chaturango. It will spread the message towards positivity between the people of the two countries. We are thankful to Basu Foundation for Arts for helping us to connect with Marest,” said Subhendu Chowdhury, secretary of M S G L Duer Palli (Old) Sarbajanin Durgotsav Samity. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaAntonio Martinez Estevan, professionally known as Antonyo Marest, is a Spanish painter, sculptor and designer. He was in Calcutta last month and designed the structure of the Durga Puja mandap. The Puja pandal, situated at the intersection of B K Paul Avenue and Kali Prassana Banerjee Road, will showcase similarities between the people of both the countries. “This is for the first time we have roped in an international sculptor. Spanish people love different colours. That is why the pandal is colourful. The most peculiar thing is that the idol at the pandal is made of mirror. The idol of Maa Durga will reflect different colours,” said Raja Chakraborty, member of M S G L Duer Palli (Old) Sarbajanin Durgotsav Samity.last_img read more


first_imgNew Delhi/Berne: As India steps up its crackdown on suspected black money stashed abroad, Switzerland has issued public notices to former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi and his wife Minal following requests made by Indian authorities about Swiss bank details of the couple.In its latest federal gazette notification on assistance sought by foreign jurisdictions under bilateral treaties for exchange of information on matters concerning suspected financial irregularities, Switzerland’s Federal Tax Administration (FTA) has named Lalit and Minal Modi (alias Minalini Modi) among such individuals. The former IPL commissioner, who is said to have left India for London in 2010, is already facing a money-laundering probe also, though he has denied any wrongdoing. The two separate notifications dated October 1 did not disclose any further details, besides giving Lalit and Minal Modi ten days’ time to designate authorised persons to respond to the assistance request received by the FTA from India. Interestingly, similar notices were issued against the two in 2016, but it could not be ascertained whether the Swiss authorities eventually shared the details with India in that case. That time also, the two were given time for “exercise of the right to be heard”. In recent months, several other Indian nationals have been named in such notifications after Indian authorities approached the Swiss FTA for information about those people concerning the pending tax-related probes against them.last_img read more


first_imgChennai: The Madras High Court on Thursday allowed the Tamil Nadu and Central governments to erect banners to welcome Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping for their informal meet here this month. The order came on a plea from the state government which sought the court’s permission in this regard. A division bench of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and N Seshasayee, however, made it clear that the state has to follow all existing rules in connection with installation of such banners. The bench also said no political parties will be allowed to install such banners.last_img read more


first_imgLos Angeles: Alberto Salazar pushed himself to the brink and beyond as an athlete, and preached the same philosophy as a coach to distance running stars. But the 61-year-old Cuban-born American’s will to win finally went too far, according to the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), which has banned him for four years for multiple doping violations. Salazar has been a major figure in American athletics for four decades. He won the 1980, 1981 and 1982 New York Marathons and the 1982 Boston Marathon, and later coached such stars as Britain’s Mo Farah, the 2012 and 2016 Olympic champion at 5,000 and 10,000 metres. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: Rijiju Salazar arrived in the United States as a toddler. His father was a friend of Fidel Castro who fought alongside him in the revolution but later opposed the Communist government. The family moved to suburban Boston, where Salazar won a state cross country crown in 1975. He helped the University of Oregon capture the US collegiate cross country title in 1977, taking national college individual honors the following year. In 1980, Salazar qualified for the US Olympic team at 10,000m, but the Americans boycotted the Moscow Games and Salazar tackled a new challenge: the marathon. He quickly conquered the 26.2-mile (42.195km) event. Also Read – Djokovic to debut against Shapovalov at Shanghai Masters At 22, Salazar won his marathon debut in New York, then set a career-best of 2hrs 8mins 13secs to defend his title. In 1982, he took New York and claimed his only Boston Marathon title in what was dubbed the “Duel in the Sun” with Dick Beardsley. After besting Beardsley in a sprint finish, a dehydrated Salazar collapsed and had to be treated in hospital with intravenous fluids. Salazar finished 15th in the marathon at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics, then trained and competed until retiring in the mid-1990s, when he began moving into coaching, joining with Nike to form the Oregon Project in 2001 to train distance runners. The program includes Donovan Brazier — who won the 800m world title Monday as news of Salazar’s ban exploded into the athletics scene — and Sifan Hassan, who won the women’s 10,000m world crown two days earlier. Stripped of his credentials at the World Championships in Doha, Salazar has vowed to fight the ban, which was handed down for violations including trafficking testosterone, tampering with the athlete doping control process and using banned infusion techniques. A four-year ban was also issued to Dr Jeffrey Brown, who was a physician for numerous Nike Oregon athletes, and a paid consultant on performance enhancement for the Project, part of a scheme to manipulate testosterone levels without testing positive. “While acting in connection with the Nike Oregon Project, Mr Salazar and Dr Brown demonstrated that winning was more important than the health and wellbeing of the athletes they were sworn to protect,” USADA chief executive Travis T Tygart said. – Olympic glory, Salazar scrutiny – =================================== Salazar said he was “shocked by the outcome” of USADA’s years-long investigation. Farah won the first Olympic gold for the Nike Oregon Project in 2012 in London in the 10,000m event. Longtime Salazar pupil Galen Rupp took the silver just behind him, and Farah went on to claim the 5,000m gold. But Steve Magness, who spent 18 months as Salazar’s assistant coach in the project before leaving shortly before the London Olympics, spoke out as a whistleblower when BBC’s Panorama and ProPublica investigated doping allegations around Salazar in 2015. Testimonies from various figures alleged microdosing of testosterone, among other suspicious actions. Salazar denied wrongdoing. Farah stuck with him and won another golden double at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016. Rupp took marathon bronze and Nike Oregon’s Matt Centrowitz won the 1,500m. But doping allegations nagged. Farah left Salazar in October 2017. The USADA case against Salazar and Brown went to the American Arbitration Association, with hearings conducted in May and June 2018 setting the stage for the arbitration rulings handed down Monday. Salazar said he and his athletes “have endured unjust, unethical and highly damaging treatment from USADA,” and claimed, “I have always ensured the WADA (World Anti-Doping Authority) code is strictly followed.” “The Oregon Project has never and will never permit doping.”last_img read more


first_imgMumbai: Superstar Akshay Kumar on Thursday shared his first look from the upcoming film “Laxmmi Bomb”, saying he is both “excited and nervous” about the project. The actor took to Twitter to unveil his first look as the titular transgender character Laxmmi. It also features Kiara Advani in a pivotal role. “Navratri is about bowing to the inner goddess and celebrating your limitless strength.On this auspicious occasion, I am sharing with you my look as Laxmmi. A character I am both excited and nervous about… but then life begins at the end of our comfort zone…isn’t it? #LaxmmiBomb” Akshay posted. Also Read – ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ has James Cameron’s fingerprints all over it: Arnold Schwarzenegger The movie, to be be directed by Raghav Lawrence, will release on Eid next year. It is a remake of 2011 Tamil horror comedy “Kanchana”. In May, Lawrence had exited the project over “disrespect” and creative differences. The filmmaker, however, reconsidered his decision and again came on board after a meeting with the producers. “Laxmmi Bomb” is produced by Cape of Good Films, Fox Star Studios, Tusshar Kapoor and Shabina Khan.last_img read more