10 days agoMan Utd, Juventus target Rakitic closer to Barcelona exit

Posted in zksweugm on October 28th, 2019

first_imgMan Utd, Juventus target Rakitic closer to Barcelona exitby Paul Vegas10 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveIvan Rakitic is edging closer to a Barcelona exit.Rakitic has put Manchester United and Juventus on red alert as reports suggest the Croatian has his eye on a January exit from Barcelona, having previously stated: “I need to play”.Marca says the midfielder is seriously weighing up the possibility of ending his five-year association with the Spanish giants. “It’s tough because I want to play and not just be part of the team,” Rakitic told 24sata last week while on international duty.”I will do everything possible to change my situation. I have two years left on my deal and there’s no better place to play than Barcelona.”It’s the best club in the world, but I need to play and not just enjoy walks around the city and the beach.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

PHOTOS: Christmas Treat at the Office of the Prime Minister

Posted in usaewrcm on October 24th, 2019

first_imgPrime Minister, the Most. Hon. Andrew Holness, presents a gift to a child during a Christamas treat held on Sunday (December 16) at the Office of the Prime Minister. In the background The Most Hon. Juliet Holness, makes a presentation to another youngster. Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, engages with youngsters at a Christmas treat at the Office of the Prime Minister on Sunday (Dec. 16). The children received gifts, delicious treats, and enjoyed a range of fun activities for the day.The Most Hon. Juliet Holness coaxes a shy youngster into accepting a gift, during a Christmas treat held on Sunday (December 16), at the Office of the Prime Minister. In the background, Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, engages with another child.last_img read more

Unnao rape survivor facing highest level of threat CBI to court

Posted in jtkfdrga on October 18th, 2019

first_imgNEW DELHI: The teen who was raped allegedly by expelled BJP MLA Kuldeep Sengar faces the “highest level of threat”, the CBI said on Wednesday to a special court, which then ordered the UP government to report on how she and her family can be relocated within the state or to one of its neighbours. The girl has been in hospital since a car crash in July, which is being investigated after the family alleged that it was a plan to kill her. The survivor and her family are under “Category A threat perception” in the witness protection scheme, the CBI told the court in Delhi. The girl should be given adequate protection, said the investigating agency. Judge Dharmesh Sharma issued notice to the UP government to file a report within a week on steps that can be taken to shift the rape survivor, her mother, two sisters and brother to a safe place. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The teen, critically wounded when a truck rammed the car she was travelling in on a road near Raebareli in Uttar Pradesh on July 28, is in Delhi’s AIIMS hospital. Two of her aunts died in the crash caused by the truck, which had a blackened number plate. A judge went to the hospital earlier this month for her testimony; a “courtroom” was set up at the hospital and the accused politician, Kuldeep Sengar was also brought there. A curtain separated the two during the teen’s statement. The CBI has been asked by the court to investigate the crash. On August 1, the Supreme Court shifted the five cases connected with the Unnao case to Delhi, assigned a judge for daily hearings and ordered that the trial be completed within 45 days. The court also ordered central security for the family. The SC stepped in after a letter from the girl’s family alleging threats from Kuldeep Sengar’s aides. The family, in a letter to Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi on July 12, alleged grave danger to them from Sengar and his aides. The family had asked for protection, alleging they had been harassed and intimidated over the past year and pressured to drop the case.last_img read more

Couple arrested with deer skulls

Posted in reqtqoas on October 18th, 2019

first_imgKolkata: A couple has been arrested at Jadavpur police station for allegedly smuggling two animal skulls, which are seemed to be of deer on Thursday morning.According to sources, on Thursday morning, officials of Jadavpur police station came to know from their sources that a couple identified as Biswadeb Chatterjee and Jagurti Rajesh Sentury of Serampore in Hooghly were trying to sell some kind of animal skeleton. Based on the information, a team from Jadavpur police station went to a house at 18/2, Uday Shankar Sarani, Bikaramgarh in Golf Green and conducted a raid. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari Puja During the search, police found two animal skulls from the couple. Following the raid, the duo was questioned about the skulls. Despite repeated questions, the duo failed to provide any document in favour of having possession of the two skulls and also failed to provide satisfactory answer. Later, they were taken to Jadavpur police station along with the skulls. After observing the skulls, it is suspected that those are of deer. Later, during the interrogation, the duo stated that they had procured the skulls from Sanjoy Gandhi National Park in Mumbai. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayIt is suspected that the woman had connection with poachers as she is from Mumbai and also has her maternal house there. However, both of them were arrested after a case was initiated against them under the provisions of Wild Life (Protection) Act. The skulls were also seized. The duo will be produced at the Alipore Court on Friday with appeal for police remand. Sources informed that investigators suspect that the duo is a part of a organised gang which deals in animal skins and skeletons. Police are trying to find out who else are connected with the racket.last_img read more

Darjeeling It was a taste of freedom for Rika and

Posted in dvpofysu on October 18th, 2019

first_imgDarjeeling: It was a taste of freedom for Rika and Kika, the two captive born and bred Royal Bengal Tigers. On Tuesday they were released in the display area of the Bengal Safari Park in Siliguri.The one-and-half-year olds were the centre of attraction at the park. Around 11am the gates of the tiger enclosure were opened. Kika, the white tiger cub, first peeped out, surveyed the area and returned to the enclosure. Rika turned out to be the bolder of the two. She stepped out right into the forest. After sometime even Kika followed suit. After a few playful moments the cubs disappeared into the jungle (part of the Tiger Safari.) Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaForest Minister Bratya Basu, Tourism Minister Goutam Deb and North Bengal Development Minister Rabindra Nath Ghosh were present at the Safari for the release. “The successful breeding of Bengal Tigers is a feather in the cap for Bengal Safari. We want to take up this project on a larger-scale here. At present, the park stretches across 20 hectares. We are planning to incorporate another 5 hectares that will be used to captive breeding,” said the Forest Minister. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayShila, a tigress of the Safari, had given birth to three cubs in May 2018. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had named them Ika, Kika and Rika. Last year Ika died. The two survived and are in the best of health and spirits. Along with these two female cubs, there are two more adult tigers in the safari at present. One is Shila and the other Rivan, a male tiger from Hazaribagh. The park boasts of 2 leopards, one Himalayan black bear, elephants, more than 400 deer, different species of birds and crocodiles. “We are planning to release zoo bred red pandas from the Darjeeling zoo into the wild in February 2020,” Basu said. The Bengal Safari, a brainchild of CM Mamata Banerjee was inaugurated in 2016. It is a major tourist attraction in Siliguri. Even local residents make a beeline specially on holidays. “We will be introducing a toy train from January. The train will however not run on tracks. Kormotirtho, a handicraft centre also dealing in local produce like honey will also come up opposite the park,” added Minister Deb.last_img read more